California Couscous Salad
- 2 cups Zinda Medium Couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 250g cooked, cooled, shredded chicken
- 1 diced avocado
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 cup mandarin supremes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1. Pour couscous in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a pot, place 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, place water and olive oil over couscous. Stir gently and thoroughly then cover and let absorb for 5 minutes.
4. Once 5 minutes has past, fluff couscous with a fork.
5. In a separate bowl, mix honey, lemon juice,
tabasco and olive oil to create vinaigrette.
6. Mix ingredients and vinaigrette with couscous.
7. Season and serve.
Time: 15 Minutes