Sausage and Vegetable Pilaf Couscous
- 2 cups Zinda Tomato Couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 mild Italian sausages
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 chopped green bell peppers
- 2 sliced roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Time: 20 Minutes
1. Pour couscous in a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a pot, place 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, place water and olive oil over couscous. Stir gently and thoroughly then cover and let absorb for 5 minutes.
4. Once 5 minutes has past, fluff couscous with a fork.
5. Remove sausage meat from casing and cook in a pan for 5 minutes. Break meat apart during the cooking process with a wooden spoon.
6. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
7. Season and serve.